The Club’s upgrading project for a new Driving Range tee-up system with improved performance and convenience is currently underway, and we will gradually phase out all existing SMART Range Cards over a 12-month transition period from 4 January to 31 December 2021. With the upgrade, current cards will be replaced by RFID-enabled cards and bay panels will be replaced by touchscreen tablets with RFID card readers attached to them. Moving on, OCC members will also be able to charge directly to their membership account using their OCC RFID-enabled membership card when playing at the Driving Range.
1. Will I still be able to use my old Driving Range card?
Old Driving Range cards can still be used during the transition period. The new system will run alongside the old system until it has been installed at all the bays over a period of 12 months.
2. What will happen to my old Range Card once the new system has been installed at all the bays?
Range cardholders can choose to utilise the remaining value in their old Range Cards within the next 12 months, or purchase a new Range Card at $5 plus GST over the counter and do a balance transfer. OCC members will enjoy a 50% discount when they purchase their first new range card, i.e. $2.50 plus GST.
After purchase, simply present your old Range Card to our Driving Range staff and they will verify the card balance before transferring the balance to the new Range Card at a cap of $300 per card. Transfer of balances from the old cards to the new cards must be done within the 12-month transition period, i.e. by 31 December 2021. As such, cardholders are reminded to replace their existing Range Card with the new RFID-enabled Range Card within the 12-month transition period.
3. Can I obtain a cash refund for my old Range Card?
Cash refund of any unused value stored in the existing range cards is strictly not allowed.
4. I am an OCC member. Can I transfer the balance in my old Range Card to my membership account?
No, transfer of balance in the old Range Card to a membership account is strictly not allowed as it is equivalent to a cash refund.
5. Do I need to purchase a new Range Card to use the new tee-up system?
OCC Members can opt to use their own membership cards to access the new system or purchase a new Range Card. Non-members will need to purchase a new RFID-enabled Visitor Range Card over the Range Counter.
6. Can I top up more than $300 in one new Range Card?
No, the amount you can top up for the new Range Card is capped at $300, which is also the maximum stored value in the new Range Card at any point in time. This cap is the same for the existing SMART Range Cards.
7. When will my new Range Card expire?
The new Range Card will expire in three (3) years’ time from the date of your last transaction, i.e. top-up or utilisation, whichever is later. There will not be any refund of any value in your Card once it expires. Cardholders may check the expiry date of their Card at the Driving Range Counter.
8. Is the new system easy to use?
Just follow the 3 easy steps below and you are good to go!
- Tap your card.
- Select the number of balls.
- Start playing!
A step-by-step guide on how to use the system will be displayed at the Driving Range. For assistance, please approach any of the staff at the Driving Range Counter.
9. Can I pass my OCC RFID membership card to my friends and family members so that they can enjoy Member’s rate and play at Member’s bays?
No. All membership cards are strictly non-transferable.
10. What do I do if I lost my new range Card?
Loss of Driving Range cards must be reported immediately to the staff at the Driving Range Counter personally or by calling 6750 2198. For loss of OCC membership cards, please contact the Membership department at 6750 2180/123. The Club will proceed to block the use of reported lost cards after verification. Please note that the replacement of lost cards is chargeable.
- The use of the Card is governed by the Terms and Conditions of Orchid Country Club.
- The Management reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions without any prior notice.
- The Management is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damaged Card. No claim for any value of the lost, stolen, damaged, or expired Card shall be entertained.
- The Card is the property of OCC and is strictly non-transferable or exchangeable.
- The value within the Card is non-refundable.
- The maximum stored value in the Card at any point in time is capped at $300.
- Any Card that is unused for three (3) years from the date of last transaction (i.e. top-up or utilisation, whichever is later) shall be invalidated without refund of any value of the Card.
- Cardholder may check the expiry date of his or her Card at the Driving Range Counter.
For enquiries, please call Driving Range at 6750 2198.