CAREERS @ OCC
Join the Team and Make A Difference
We look forward to hiring passionate individuals who thrive on challenges and creativity to join our friendly Orchid family. We offer qualified candidates many opportunities to excel in their chosen professions.
For keen applicants, kindly submit your full Curriculum Vitae, including the position you are applying for, current and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Reporting to the Head of Golf, the successful candidate will be responsible to assist his/her Reporting Officer on managing and supervising of the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the golf courses as well as driving golf revenue as a business unit. The duties of this professional include all from supervising of the personnel who are assigned to look after the golf courses, driving range to the administration of the rules and regulations related to the facility. It also includes but not limited to the following:
- Assist to drive relationships across the Club and ensure excellent level of customer service delivery.
- Provide the leadership to ensure a balance between meeting members’ needs and viability of the Club as a business entity.
- Work together with his/her Reporting Officer to grow golf revenue and increase its patronage in the Club in identifying new sales opportunities within existing and new relationships.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and new members including unions, tripartite activities and communities in the labour movement, actively engage and support Sales & Marketing team to increase market penetration through the network.
- Leverage on the Club’s key initiatives and cross-functional services, facilities and activities; up-sell and cross-sell the club’s facilities and activities.
- Work closely with Reporting Officer to ensure all Club’s objectives, policies & procedures are adhered to and ensure all golf staff are accountable for compliance of these policies & procedures.
- Be conversant with all Golfing rules, By Laws and Local Rules and deal with all reports, complaints, correspondence with members on rules, violations, handicaps, informing, guiding and educate members on such rules and etiquette as well as to enforce such rules and golfing By Laws and procedures of the Club.
- Assist to manage departmental budget and expenses.
- Assist his/her Reporting Officer in establishing/ amending S.O.P, internal rules, regulations and policies when necessary.
- Any other ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned from time to time.
- Diploma/Degree holders in Golf Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in any golf club related administering activities.
- Knowledge of the maintenance of grass greens and golf courses would be an added advantage.
Unique Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leadership and able to motivate a team of experienced golf executives, marshals and maintenance crew.
- Able to plan, assign, and supervise the work of subordinates engaged in operations, golf course care and maintenance.
- Excellent communication and good command of written English to liaise with members.
- Flexible and ‘can do’ mentality with excellent communication, manpower and engagement skills.
- Proficient in computer skills.
The Sales Manager is responsible for assisting, identifying and developing corporate account relationships for the group segments to maximize club revenue such as MICE, Banquet, Room, etc. Incumbent to ensure his or her sales targets and objectives are met.Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research, identify, target and solidify relationships with existing and new group accounts
- Develop and manage quarterly action plans outlining specific sales actions to uncover new business potential for the entire club portfolio
- Build strong business partnerships, matching portfolio offering with client needs
- Conduct weekly sales calls for new group business
- Uncover new group business accounts for the portfolio of properties according to the respective club’s guidelines and goals
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are completed and documented
II) Marketing & Financial
- Travel to conduct sales calls, attend identified trade shows and conferences to promote the club
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual marketing plan pertaining to group market segments to be utilized in the achievement of revenue goals
- Participate in the development of annual rate structure and strategies with Head of Sales & Marketing to achieve annual goals in the Banquet and Corporate hotel sales
- Assist to plan, control and direct activities of the field sales force to secure maximum sales volume and profit target and to develop maximum potential sales from all markets for the club’s products
- Develop strategies and objectives with regard to revenue, profitability, new products, new business and market opportunities
- Assist to prepare annual sales budget and participate in the determination of market potential and in preparation of sales expenses estimates
- Assist to produce regular reports, analysis & forecast for Senior Management on current market/product development and trend including customer reactions
- Assist to develop marketing policy, recommend product and product line revision as well as pricing policy, other strategies and partnership program with distributors in the region
- Maintain contacts with major accounts, principals and customer service activities
- Assist to supervise sales activities through sales & sales support personnel
- To assist in checking, handling and overseeing all related VIP events
- To coordinate with Banquet Operations, Stewarding, F&B Outlet operations to areas of cleanliness and food hygiene
- Conduct and chair all internal meetings as and when required
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Head of Sales & Marketing from time to time
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ Level/A Level/Diploma/Tertiary Education
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Presently holding similar position in other hotels/clubs, an added advantage
- Experience in Food and Beverage/Hospitality related field preferred
- Computer Software (Microsoft etc)
- Good administrative, planning and organization Skills
- Knowledge of Delphi Sales & Marketing system an advantage
- Pleasant Personality/Neat Appearance/Well-Groomed
- Fluent spoken & written English
The focus of the Golf Admin Assistant role is to provide administrative support to the Golf Department.Responsibilities:
- Collect, interpret golf related data from i-Golf system to identify patterns and opportunities for improvement
- Perform various administrative duties, including handling correspondences, answering inquiries and feedback
- Coordinate and schedule meetings
- Oversee the inventory of golf supplies, and merchandize. Ensure proper stock levels, and order replenishment
- Create and maintain documentation related to golf activities, events, and inventory
- Utilize the golf management system and office applications to streamline administrative tasks and enhance overall efficiency
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a coordinated approach for all events
- Notwithstanding the above, you are expected to carry out other duties assigned by the superior
- Possess good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications. Excel proficiency and data analytical skills would be an added advantage
- Able to work independently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Customer service oriented
- Knowledge of golf will be an added advantage
- Customer Service at Golf counter
- Registering of Golfers
- Cashless payment collection
- Answering of calls and emails
- Updating of Golfers’ information in system
- Assist in members and guests’ queries over the counter / phone
- G.C.E. 'O' Level and above
- At least 1 year in customer service in hospitality industry
- Possess good interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to work shifts, weekend and public holidays
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To expand the My Golf Kaki membership base
- Perform membership related tasks which includes but not limited to, data entries and creation, maintaining membership records and filings, updating membership schedules, benefits fulfillment and membership sales, etc.
- Handle emails, phone calls and walk-ins for prospects and members
- Analyses membership data to improve and grow MGK membership and generate reports for management update.
- Manage administrative and financial matters such as procurement, invoicing, data protection, insurance, etc
- Develop, plan and execute MGK golf events and programmes.
- Work closely with Marketing and Public Relations to market and promote MGK membership, events and programmes.
- Any other duties as assigned by HOD/RO
- Diploma, preferably in hospitality or events management.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar role within a membership club, golf and/or events management industry.
- Added advantage for candidates with golf knowledge or experience in the golf industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service skills and administrative skills
- Good presentation, sales or negotiation skills
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Able to multi tasks, meet targets and tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Initiative, able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to work well independently and as a team
- Able to work on occasional weekends (including Public Holidays)
(Please call respective contact numbers for further enquiries)
• Service Crew (Banquet)
• Stewarding Assistant (Dish-washer)
Tel: 6750 2221/146
2. Social & Recreation
• Social & Recreation Assistant
Tel: 6750 2121/119