CAREERS @ OCC
CAREERS @ OCC
Join the Team and Make A Difference
We look forward to hiring passionate individuals who thrive on challenges and creativity to join our friendly Orchid family. We offer qualified candidates many opportunities to excel in their chosen professions.
For keen applicants, kindly submit your full Curriculum Vitae, including the position you are applying for, current and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Maximize room sales and revenue for the Club; maintain sales attitude at all times and use every opportunity to “up-sell” the hotel rooms to increase revenue and occupancy
- Responsible for the daily operations of front office and ensure high standard of service constantly maintained
- Ensure efficient check-in & check-out of guest and members
- Study all reservations for the day and make necessary arrangements before guest’s arrival
- Issuing of room keys and sharing of information about the Club including F&B outlets and facilities
- Work in conjunction with housekeeping on maintenance/cleanliness of rooms and hotel vicinities
- Perform Point of Sales transactions and counting/verifying cash dutifully
- Perform inventory checks and ensure items are replenished periodically
- Any other duties assigned by the reporting officer
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ level education
- Some experience in a similar capacity would be an advantage
- Computer literate
- Pleasant personality and service oriented
- Willing to work on weekends, public holidays and rotating shifts including mid-night shift
- Golf registration duties.
- Answering of enquiries, handle faxes, mails, time sheet booking.
- Preparation of handicap, pc and introduction/reciprocal cards/letters.
- Any ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- G.C.E. ‘O’ Level and above
- At least 1 year in customer service in hospitality industry.
- Possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Able to work shifts, weekend and public holidays
The Golf Operations Assistant will ensure that the daily golf operations is smooth running. The focus of this position is to provide golfers with the complete golf specific services.
- To ensure the correct golf bags are loaded onto the buggies, golfers arrive on time for their flight, the names of the golfers are accurately reflected in the timesheet and any other arrangements necessary for the smooth flow of the golf flights
- To ensure that guests have paid their golfing fees and check on the handicap details before they tee off
- To manage flights in the golf course in accordance with the recommended pace-of-play and ensure that golfers rake bunkers, replace divots, repair ball-marks and observe safety at all times
- To monitor and report any irregularities on the golf course which might affect play and or endanger golfers’ safety
- To report to the Supervisor/Team Leader of any infringement of local rules and bye-laws by golfers
- To manage flights’ proceedings during inclement weather
- To ensure that the buggies are properly charged, cleaned and in working condition
- To report of any buggy defects and to submit incident report form for buggy involved in any accidents
- To ensure the sand canisters in the golf course and the buggies are filled
- To ensure that the first-aid box is sufficiently equipped
- To ensure the sufficient level of inventories of pencils, scorecards, etc.
- Notwithstanding the above, you are expected to carry out other duties assigned by the Superior
- Secondary and above with minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
- Conversant in English and one other language
- Service-oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Sound overview of the golf course with regards to pace-of-play
- Be tactical in enforcing pace-of-play
- Able to work on shifts, weekends and public holidays
Reporting to the Head of Golf, the successful candidate will be responsible to assist his/her Reporting Officer on managing and supervising of the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the golf courses as well as driving golf revenue as a business unit. The duties of this professional include all from supervising of the personnel who are assigned to look after the golf courses, driving range to the administration of the rules and regulations related to the facility. It also includes but not limited to the following:
- Assist to drive relationships across the Club and ensure excellent level of customer service delivery.
- Provide the leadership to ensure a balance between meeting members’ needs and viability of the Club as a business entity.
- Work together with his/her Reporting Officer to grow golf revenue and increase its patronage in the Club in identifying new sales opportunities within existing and new relationships.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and new members including unions, tripartite activities and communities in the labour movement, actively engage and support Sales & Marketing team to increase market penetration through the network.
- Leverage on the Club’s key initiatives and cross-functional services, facilities and activities; up-sell and cross-sell the club’s facilities and activities.
- Work closely with Reporting Officer to ensure all Club’s objectives, policies & procedures are adhered to and ensure all golf staff are accountable for compliance of these policies & procedures.
- Be conversant with all Golfing rules, By Laws and Local Rules and deal with all reports, complaints, correspondence with members on rules, violations, handicaps, informing, guiding and educate members on such rules and etiquette as well as to enforce such rules and golfing By Laws and procedures of the Club.
- Assist to manage departmental budget and expenses.
- Assist his/her Reporting Officer in establishing/ amending S.O.P, internal rules, regulations and policies when necessary.
- Any other ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned from time to time.
- Diploma/Degree holders in Golf Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in any golf club related administering activities.
- Knowledge of the maintenance of grass greens and golf courses would be an added advantage.
Unique Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leadership and able to motivate a team of experienced golf executives, marshals and maintenance crew.
- Able to plan, assign, and supervise the work of subordinates engaged in operations, golf course care and maintenance.
- Excellent communication and good command of written English to liaise with members.
- Flexible and ‘can do’ mentality with excellent communication, manpower and engagement skills.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Oversee and handle daily administration of Social & Recreation operations
- Responsible for the tracking and generating of daily and monthly sales, patronage and participation reports
- Responsible for the organising of bi-monthly committee meetings including but not limited to timely follow up on decisions required and minutes preparation
- Planning and execution of Club events within budget
- Managing the day-to-day operation of Reading Room in a safe and effective manner
- Assist in daily gym duties when required, including but not limited to counter services, enforcing safety rules and regulations on workouts and the use of exercise equipment
- Carry out any other duties or special assignments as may be assigned by the management from time to time
- Minimum ‘O’ Level qualification
- Prior experience working in a gym or administrative duties will be an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office including Words, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fun and outgoing personality with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organised, disciplined and detailed oriented
- Ability to work well both individually and in a team with minimal supervision
- Able to work shift and on public holiday
The Jackpot Cashier shall report to the Jackpot Officer / Executive / Manager and assist in carrying out the day-to-day Jackpot operations. The duties of the Jackpot Cashier are to perform Registration and Cashiering roles, as well as provide good Customer Service during each shift.
- Check Member’s Membership Status
- Check Member’s One-Time Consent Form to perform NCPG Exclusion Status-Check
- Check Member’s NCPG Exclusion Status
- Sign-In Member / Staff / Contractors upon entry
- Sign-Out Member / Staff / Contractors upon exit
- Check and Validate TITO Tickets Before Payment
- Make Payment to Member After Validation of TITO Tickets
- Handle Other Payment Matters
- Monitor and Account for Cash Float Periodically
- Perform Opening, Closing and Handing-Over of Cashier Shifts
- Assist in Jackpot Collections
- Attend to Member’s Queries on Fruit Machines
- Respond and Resolve Member’s disputes
- Rectify Common Machine Faults
- Attend to Big Win, Cancel Credit and Short-pay Matters
- Check on Left-Over Tickets / Credits at the end of Jackpot Operating Hours
- Offer a First-Drink to Each Incoming Member and Order Refreshments for Regular Members
- Housekeeping in Jackpot Room
- PC literate preferred
- Tactful in dealing with members/guests
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Willing to work 2 shifts, weekends and public holidays
The Jackpot Cashier can be assigned, and shall be expected to perform, additional tasks not listed in the above by the Jackpot Officer / Executive / Manager.
You will assist the F&B Operations Manager in overseeing banquet functions such as seminars, conferences, events, weddings etc and handling of matters relating to banquet operations.
Your primary role includes but is not limited to:
- Assist in the organising of set up and break down function rooms
- Ensure delivery of banquet services are in accordance to departmental standards and procedures
- Maintain organization of banquet service areas, ensure that all service and storage areas are kept up to the standard of cleanliness and safe at all times
- To be on the floor during the assigned shifts or peak period, assist and manage the captains/servers, ensuring efficiency and that guests are satisfied with the service deliverables
- To lead, brief and de-brief service staffs on the required standard operating procedures, including application of necessary precautions for food safety and hygiene
- Ensure timely reporting of any complaints or incidents to your Reporting Officer
- Constantly maintain and keep abreast with the knowledge of F&B services
- Perform any other duty as required by the Management from time to time.
- C.E. ‘N’/’O’ Levels and above
- 1 to 2 years of experience in servicing of banqueting and conference events
- Good interpersonal communication skills and customer oriented with a can-do attitude
- Hands on with good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to lead, supervise and work cohesively with a team of service staff
- Cheerful and outgoing disposition
- Able to work on shifts, weekends and public holidays
(Please call respective contact numbers for further enquiries)
• Service Crew (Banquet)
• Stewarding Assistant (Dish-washer)
Tel: 6750 2221/146
2. Social & Recreation
• Social & Recreation Assistant
Tel: 6750 2121/119